Thursday, July 16, 2009

thinking outside the box to me means...

going outside the "norm" to accomplish your hopes and dreams. I was thinking about this when I sat down to the computer today and saw orders from my customers and I was instantly happy. Every time that I work with a customer, I realize how amazing it is to have my own business and I'm filled with gratitude. It sounds totally hokey but it's true.

I am thankful that eight years ago, I got the marketing job for instead of the administrative job that I really wanted (the admin job paid more and we needed that extra money). But the marketing job gave me my training to get me where I am now. It is amazing how life works.

And it was when I was laid off from that job (at seven months pregnant) that forced me to really look outside the corporate "box" I had been in for 3 1/2 years. What in the heck do I do now?? Especially with a baby boy soon to be born, this was definitely a time of growth in my life.

Four years later, I work with people all over the world and love the "me" time that I get from having my own business. Another huge benefit is that I work with other small business owners, including work at home Moms like me.

One of my good friends Stacy has recently started her own business too! Like me, she is a scrapbooker, but unlike me she does pages for other people. Beautiful pages. AMAZING pages! She owns Remembering You Scraps and I will hopefully be doing a website for her soon:




What does thinking outside the box mean to you? Leave me a comment (Creative Contribution), I would absolutely love to hear and learn from you! Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amy! I am excited to be posting lots of new stuff real soon! So I hope to have many new visitors! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete