Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December Daily 2009: Day Five, Six and Seven

Oh my goodness what a crazy couple of days!!  Thankfully the flu has left the house and miraculously Roman was the only one who got sick.  This is the first time that Zach and I dodged any kind of sickness from him (fingers crossed).  Anyhoo - it's December Daily time!

Here is the "day five" layout before:


And here is the layout after:


Quick note on this layout - I really wanted to use what I had on hand for this album and I really loved the transparencies that Ali's stitched onto her fabric pages...but I didn't have them.  I did have these handy dandy guys - printable transparencies!  So I just made a bunch of circles in photoshop, outlined them in green, reproduced the heck out of them and viola! A fun transparency.

Supplies used: paper on the left under the photo by My Mind's Eye (this was purchased a few years ago and is discontinued); Number 5 cut out from this page by Making Memories; old school Dymo Label Maker; paper underneath journaling, Slice 8x8 Paper Pad: Ledger (I absolutely love this pad - I don't even have a slice lol).

Now onto "day six" before:



Note - I actually ended up swapping my "day 6" page with my "day 21" page.  I realized that it was silly to have two things that held stuff in the same layout.  Rookie mistake.  Again lol. 

Here is the layout after:



Ideally I wanted to include one of our Christmas cards in the album.  But we are super tight with finances at the moment so we decided to do a Christmas web newsletter instead.  But how do you put a website into an album?  I used Photoshop and the "print screen" button on my keyboard to peice together our whole newsletter:


it worked pretty well!  We may even do it again next year too.

Supplies used: transparency (see "day five post"); journaling label by Jenni Bowlin Studio; letter stickers by Making Memories; old school Dymo Label Maker.

Now onto "day seven" before:


 

Because I swapped out the envelope with the clear file folder from day 21, my finished layout looked like this:


 

on this layout, I used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.  I had seen Ali's overlays and I just loved them.  I used Illustrator to make the "baby its cold outside" title on the right page with that same style:


 

Other supplies used: vintage round playing cards from eBay; paper, unknown; fonts used, Arial and JSL Ancient.

Phew!  Three days in one post!  More to come tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment