Thursday, August 12, 2010

planning for Every Day October

I am so excited.

Joann.com is having a 40% off scrapbooking supplies sale right now so I took the opportunity to stock up on albums and to get the album I'll be using for my new Every Day October project.

This is going to be exactly like the "December Daily" project, except this year, I'm doing my favorite month. The December Daily project was great, but I found that I was repeating a lot of the same content in our family's Christmas album. I am a fan of making things as easy and fun as possible so I am making the switch.

I'm going to be using an American Crafts 8.5"x11" D-Ring Modern Album.  I'm using the brown to go with the autumn theme. I love these modern albums, the chipboard covers allow for some fun customization.  Here is what I came up with so far,

First I painted the cover with a mixture of two Making Memories Scrapbooking Paints, Nutmeg and Eat Your Carrots (yes that really is the name).  The nutmeg was a little too brown and the carrots was waaay too orange. Mixed together, they worked nicely!

To distress the edges a bit, I used a sponge with a Staz On Brown ink pad.  This is a solvent ink pad that is permanent and waterproof. Because the cover was painted, the ink dried nice and quick.

Next I used a fun date stamp from Close to my Heart with the same Staz On ink pad to make the date circle on the front.

I used letters from Making Memories to make the title and then used a bat punch by Martha Stewart crafts, (one of my favorites) on an old dictionary page.

Am I early?  Oh heck yes. When I think about all the fun things that we'll be doing in October (camping trip, Harry Potter exhibit coming to the Seattle Science Center, decorating in the new house, pumpkins, etc.) I am really inspired.

Bring on fall, I am totally ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment