Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Every Day October wrap-up and December Daily 2010 Introduction

I am so happy to wrap up my Every Day October project! I know I'm going to look at this book for months to come - definitely something I want to do again next year.

Here is what I did for day 29 (wasn't having too much luck taking great photos today),
I have a strange and unnatural love for Bingo cards. Love 'em. Happy that I had one with "29" in one of the squares.

Here is day 30,
I used the Halloween Freebie from Ali Edwards for the "Boo" graphic in the page protector. I also used the "Happy Halloween" from the same set for day 31 too,
Because I had so many fun photos, I added an extra acrylic page that I covered with two photos, one on each side (I LOVE the photo on this side, the colors are just perfect).
And that is all she wrote!  I'm starting to really like doing these minibooks which is why I've decided to change from a 12x12 Christmas album to strictly doing December Daily albums. I really love doing them and it is such a fun artistic outlet.
I like to follow along with Ali Edwards when she does her December Daily album. She has such fun, fresh ideas, I like to incorporate them in what I do too. This year I'm going with an 8 x 8 album from Making Memories. I was happy that it is a "D" ring binder (it didn't say that in the description), I like that they hold more than a standard round ring binder.
If you followed me last year, you know I love stick-it felt. Love it. My birthday present this year was a Big Shot from Sizzix. I used this die set from Spellbinders to make the fun shape with red stick-it felt in the window and topped it with another fun freebie from Ali Edwards.

On the inside I have another sheet of stick-it felt sized to my pages which are 6x8, topped with the same freebie from Ali.
I fell in love with the cardstock that she used, a criss-cross Bazzill paper in Creampuff. Really nice and a great color. I also liked her printable overlays, but I couldn't get over having the date on there twice - I really like having fun odd number elements in there (like playing cards, bingo cards, etc.), so I designed something very similar in photoshop - but this overlay has a spot for a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square for coordinating patterned paper where the date is on Ali's overlays.
My plan is to adhere the patterned paper to the backside of the previous day's cardstock after I'm done embellishing it. I like to sew and staple on my pages and don't want it to show on the previous page.  And for days that have a lot of pictures or memorabilia, I'm going to add a cut-down sports card page protector between the two pages.
I mostly used whatever Christmas patterned paper I had around, although I did purchase two new designs from my local scrapbook shop.  So there you have it! Its all ready and waiting for me to start filling it on December first. Stay tuned sports fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment