Thursday, May 9, 2013

Here we go again...

Long time no post!

So many things have been happening in the last few months and I am excited to tell you all about it! First things first - ROMAN HAS AUTISM SERVICES AGAIN! Starbucks announced in early April that they have lifted the seven year age restriction for autism services. Unfortunately this is only Premera Blue Cross through Starbucks. My good friend and sister in mothering a child with autism also has Premera Blue Cross but she is still battling to get her son services. So it's a bittersweet victory, but something I am immensely grateful for.

I am also trying to give myself permission to be human. Being human is being imperfect. I haven't kept up on scrapbooking. I stopped doing Project Life this year starting in January. And I haven't posted my finished my December Daily pictures to my blog. I was talking to my friend about this, saying how bad I felt for not keeping up with everything. She said something that really hit home.
 
"You are not Ali Edwards. You don't have staff."

She was right. I don't have staff. I homeschool. We drive to autism therapies three days a week and our homeschool group the other two days. I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I go grocery shopping. I work part-time. Scrapbooking isn't my job.

I am human. And that's okay.

Most recently I've been trying to listen to my body. About what my body needs. I've been ignoring something for a really, really long time. My body hates dairy. Let me get one thing straight, I am addicted to dairy. I can drink a gallon of milk in two days. If given the opportunity I'll eat an entire block of cheese. But it wasn't until cutting it completely out that I realized what it does to me. My intense cravings stopped. They completely stopped. I eat, get full and don't want food for a good four hours. Whereas before, I would eat large quantities and then two hours later, be ravenous for more. My chronic fatigue decreased significantly.

So we'll see how it goes! Right now I'm doing just fine. I'm eating more fruits and vegetables and they actually satisfy my hunger, something that has never, ever happened before.

So in a nutshell, we are doing great. And I have more opportunities for "me" time on Tuesdays and Thursdays during my son's homeschool group. So more posts and updates are coming soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment