Wednesday, April 29, 2009

apologies and updates

I am sorry for the long period between posts, a cold has been circulating around our family for the past week and I am the latest victim. I am feeling a little bit better and am excited to post about the latest news!

Roman has been accepted into the Developmental Preschool program! I am so excited, he starts Monday. We have decided to continue with private therapy as well, which will be more expensive, but it will provide him with the best possible care which is our top priority.

I am also proud to announce that I'm going to be an Aunt! My sister just found out that she is having a baby girl, due in October. I am so excited, obviously I think that boys rock and that I am truly meant to be the Mother of boys, my sister is the complete opposite and will make a great Mom to her little girl.

Mothers Day is fast approaching us! My Dad gave me the best advice long ago - "make something, it's much more special." As money is tight for everyone out there, I give you a challenge - make this a handmade Mothers Day. Here are some ideas cooked up from yours truly:
- Make a small scrapbook of extra photos
- Put together a gardening basket with a handmade card
- Bake something special
- Make something practical like a "meals for the week" list for the fridge (if you laminate it, you can use it again and again with a dry erase marker!)
- Write a "thank you" note to your Mom for all the things she did right.

Also remember to celebrate other Mothers, not just your own! I will have more ideas in the next few days and hopefully a few fun examples too.

No comments:

Post a Comment