Sunday, April 19, 2009

stitching on scrapbook pages & photos - TIP

The latest issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine has come out and it is, as always, fabulous! This is hands-down my favorite magazine, it inspires me like nothing else out there. This month, Elizabeth Kartchner had a great article about stitching on pages and I was very surprised that she didn't mention one thing...
This is something I couldn't do without - a Teflon presser foot. With the presser foot that came with my sewing machine, I was able to stitch just fine on paper, but when I tried to stitch on pictures printed on certain types of photo paper (the not-so-slick kind), it just stopped and completely ruined my photo and layout.

I knew that there had to be some way around it, so I looked on the Brother website to see if there was a non-stick presser foot and there it was (insert angels singing). Now I have zero, zip, nada problems at all stitching on photos and other non-slick surfaces. Have a creative week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment