Monday, May 4, 2009

the first day of big-boy preschool

Roman had his first day of school today, I'm not quite sure what my expectations were but they were certainly surpassed. They welcome parents to stay in the classroom to help out/observe, so I'm going to be doing that all this week.

Today went very smoothly, Roman didn't have any problems at all. I am so thankful that our experiences with private therapy have made separation anxiety a thing of the past. Some kiddos get quite distracted if their Mom is in the classroom, that wasn't the case today thankfully.

His classmates are all older (I'm fairly certain), and there are a few five year old peer models in the class as well. And it is developmental preschool, however I could only visibly detect one child with any kind of special needs and that was only because she was in a wheelchair (and a sweetheart to boot).

So in a nutshell, I am very, very happy with this program. The kids are great, the teachers are excellent, the class size is small and Roman loves it. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment