Monday, June 8, 2009

antique store fun

Saturday I had the opportunity to have some "me" time...on the way to Home Depot to pick up new lights for the kitchen. Hey I'll take all that I can get! So I headed to my favorite antique mall here in Seattle.

I found the most amazing photograph - you can see it in the logo at the top of my new design here:


If you scroll to the very bottom you'll see "Primitive Schoolhouse" - isn't it just amazing?? I love this photo, what an amazing find! I drew a fun vintage bracket label for the saying and added a white background with some blue lines for the saying - I love the look of old notebook paper. I also picked up an antique dictionary which you'll see a portion of in the main background.

I had such a blast, I even found an old typecase for a project inspired by Ali Edwards, you can read more about it here. Mine is a bit different from hers, it has many different sized spaces. Once it's done I'll be sure to put up some pictures, I am so excited for this project.

Have a blessed week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment