Thursday, December 17, 2009

December Daily 2009: Day 16

Time is not flying by....it is jetting by.  I can't believe that we are almost to Christmas!  Here is my day 16 page before:
And here is the layout after:
Every night after dinner, I go downstairs and get my work/creative time on while Zach spends time with Roman (which is why my office hours are so late).  This usually involves a lot of roughhousing and playing.  Last night was particularly loud (laughing and yelling) and I actually said (sarcastically) "ha - do you hear what I hear" to myself.  So I went with it - hee hee.

I used the same type of colors that I have on the album itself, light blue and red.  I initially wanted to do red letters but you could see the red stamped letters on the left as well as the red "15" so I thought I would go with blue.  I wanted to do something special with the pictures and remembered this fun technique of rounding only two opposite corners.  The bigger the corner, the better the shape!  So I used the large corner rounder from EK success (it is a little over a half inch) for maximum cool-shape-ness. 

other stuff used:  grungeboard letters by Tim Holtz; scrapbook paint by Making Memories; paper on the left behind photo is by My Mind's Eye (this was purchased a few years ago and is discontinued); wee little word stickers by Making Memories; bird punches by Martha Stewart Crafts; Red Stick-It Felt; journaling circle created in Adobe Illustrator and cut out with Marvy Uchida Super Jumbo Scalloped Circle Punch.

While I'm fairly caught up with this whole December Daily thing....I have yet to get my Christmas presents taken care of (ha!).  So I'll be working on those quite a bit in the next few days.  But I would so rather be working on December Daily.  Yup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment