Friday, July 1, 2011

Hooray for Project Life

Well I put that post up a few months ago about starting and have yet to put up an update. Well the update is...it's going great! I am currently on week 15 and am finding it pretty easy to keep up. One thing that I did before I got started (and I think that it is key to me completing this album) - pre-stamping the dates on the cards, putting all the cards in the album and putting the monthly tabs in the album. I'm not going to lie, it took FOREVER to do. 52 cards to stamp. 416 cards to put in. 12 tabs to insert. But I'm really glad I did it. I can say that I'm almost positive I would've quit by now if I hadn't done the prep work first.

One thing that I'm noticing as the weeks pass is how many stories would normally go untold in our lives. For example, my husband told our son the other day that he had made a cool Lego dog. Our son then replied that it wasn't a dog, that it was a fierce creature from the 1970's. Seriously?? I couldn't make this stuff up. And I wouldn't have done a full scrapbook page on it either. It would have been lost in the shuffle of our everyday life.

So hooray for Project Life! I'm really enjoying it and I know that I'm creating a real treasure that my kids and grandkids are going to love to look through. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment