Thursday, December 10, 2009

December Daily 2009: Day Nine

Happy December 10th!  Is it just me or is time flying by??  Holy smokes.  It's December Daily time!

Here is day 9's layout before:


And here is the layout after:


This layout showcases some of my handmade ornaments that I've made in the past few years.  If the Advent Ornaments look familiar, I saw these advent numbers here and just fell in love with them and ended up recreating the basic design of them at home with my punches and wishblade.  Love them!

On my Day Five page I talked about creating my own transparencies from printable Ink Jet film from Grafix.  I did the same thing on this layout, I wrote "merry and bright" in different colors and printed them out on my Wide-Format Epson Photo Printer (I absolutely love this thing).   My photo collage was inspired by Ali's day eight page.  I wanted to match the transparency with the button in the middle of the collage, so I used the same font for the "merry and bright" on the button.  I added some noise and an inner bevel on the button to try to make it look real-ish and not something I printed out (which of course I did).

Other supplies used: Metal number "9" by Tim Holtz, chipboard letters by various brands painted with Making Memories Scrapbook Paint in "Shopping Bag"; paper behind chipboard letters by My Mind's Eye; other:old school Dymo label maker, thread.

More to come tomorrow, stay warm everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment